Skip to content
How to create folders on Android home screen
- Press a little longer on an app.
- Drag the app onto another app to create a folder that contains both apps.
- The order is created automatically.
- Tap on it to optionally give it a name.
- To do this, select the menu item ” Edit ” or similar.
Procedure for older Android versions:
- Tap and hold on an empty space on the home screen until a menu appears.
- “Typed in the section to add items ” to ” folder “.
- Alternatively, you can tap the button to the left of the home button and select ” Create folder “.
- Android will now create the folder on the home screen.
- Hold your finger down on an app and drag it to the new folder.
Delete an Android folder
- Long tap on the folder .
- Select ” Remove ” to delete it.
- Alternatively, you can drag the apps out of the folder again in order to delete it, or you can drag the folder at the top of the screen onto the text ” X Remove “.
- Depending on the Android version, the included app shortcuts will also be deleted.
- The apps themselves remain installed. You can find them in your app drawer.